Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Coming soon...

Hi Everybody! (a.k.a. nobody)
I'm finishing up a bottle of Reisling now. You know what that means...
I'm drunk. Just kidding! It means my very first post will be coming soon. I'll be bringing you some fun, diary-style anecdotes about my life as a wino, but they will also come with a description of a wine I just tried, including the label, year, where it was made, where it can be found, and how I got a hold of it.

I should add that in NO way am I some kind of wine expert. Even though I drink a LOT of wine, I know better than to try to make myself out to be a professional wine taster. Professional wine tasters spit out the wine after they sample it, which I think is wasteful. Why don't you just go ahead and slap Dionysus in the face? Anyways, what I mean to say is that I won't be discussing the underlying smoky taste in the bouquet or anything like that. I will rate wines based on taste based on my instincts, rather than on any professional instruction I have never recieved in the area of wine tasting. If there ARE any people out there in internetland who do know a thing or two about wine and want to agree/disagree/yell at me based on my rating of a wine, please do. Prove me wrong. I love it. I'm a total masochist.

That being said, I have a quiz to fail tomorrow so I must run off and not study for it. Happy wine drinking!

Austen

1 comment: